Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. It has been over a month since my last post. I don’t know a whole lot about the blogging world and its rules and regulations, but I do know if I want to build a sturdy base of followers posting once a month is not the way to do it. I make no excuses. Instead I will take the easy way out and give you the bulleted list of what I have been doing and what my next big plans are.
- I just recently discovered the world of Flavia de Luce. I am on the second book right now and have the other two loaded up on my brand spanking new Kindle Fire. I am loving these books- they are the perfect Christmas vacation read. She is a little spitfire. I highly recommend them to anyone, especially those that loved Ramona Quimby and Harriet the Spy.
- I just recently got a new camera. I have signed up for some classes so that I can actually learn how to use this thing. I have always been fascinated with photography and hope to develop this hobby into something. Here is the first picture I took. I am kind of proud of it and can’t wait for the day that I look back at this picture and laugh at my inability to take a good picture.
- I’ve started experimenting in jewelry making. I have made some earrings and rings and necklace pendants. Again, this is a hobby I hope to develop. I love making jewelry with a certain person and style in mind.
- Dating. I have gone on A LOT of first dates since I moved to this area. Most of these have not led to second dates. Although right now I have started seeing someone who I think has a lot of potential. Two dates so far. That’s all I am saying. Don’t want to jinx anything, but I like him. That’s all.
- The holidays. This year it is just me and my dad. The rest of my family is in California. I am spending Christmas Eve with some friends, so that will be fun, but Christmas will be strange. Small, quiet, and a little awkward. I plan on making some eggplant parm. and have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on dvd to watch with my old man (I gave him the books last year and he loved them) in case things get too strained and we run out of things to say. The cribbage board is also waiting.
- Dieting. I am back on a diet. It has been going well, but man, it is hard to diet around the holidays. So far, I have been pretty strong. I am allowing myself a hiatus on the 24th and 25th, but that is all. I have been doing Zumba here and there as well. I love it. So much fun. I think a lot has to do with my secret love of poppy dance music.
And that pretty much sums things up for now. See you again next month. Kidding. I think.